Proxy Auto detect for https works perfectly fine, but there's a catch:
The proxy needs to be the same type as the URL. So https only supports
an https proxy, not an http proxy url.

I'm not sure how far we should open that up, but https via http and http
via https are things you probably want to work. The former is possible,
the latter we cannot support at all yet.

** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  apt does not honor Proxy-Auto-Detect for HTTPS URLs

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:

  apt(-get) does not honor Proxy-Auto-Detect configuration in any way
  for HTTPS URLs.

  ex: vi /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99-proxy-auto-detect

  Acquire::http:Proxy-Auto-Detect "/path/to/app";

  "app" performs some actions and output the name of the proxy server
  according to some internal rules, in the form
  "http://proxy.domain.tld:1234/";

  This works perfectly for all HTTP-like "deb http://example.com/ xxx"
  URLs but is ignored for HTTPS URLs. Setting "Acquire::https:Proxy-
  Auto-Detect" or even the legacy variable name "ProxyAutoDetect"
  (without dashes) does not help either.

  This is very annoying as the very purpose of this auto-detection is to
  be network environment aware instead of using a hardcoded value for
  the proxy setting.

  This should be fixed. Thank you.