The same applies for non-hang misbehavior: the method of force-closing
an app should be exactly the same regardless of whether a trust prompt
is open or not.

However, I’m sorry I should have read the report more closely and
noticed the phrase “content picking in a trust prompt”. To me, trust
prompts and the content picker are very different things, so I don’t
understand this phrase. I designed trust prompts, but I have never come
across any design document from anyone covering the content picker
(there are none on the design site).

So, what do you mean by “app B does not give you a way to go back”? Why
is the ability to exit the content picker under the control of app B at
all? For example, the macOS Open file dialog lets you browse the
libraries of iTunes, iPhoto, and Photos, but you aren’t “in” those apps
and they don’t get to control the dialog’s Cancel button.

** Changed in: ubuntu-ux

  We need a "close" action for killing an app in a trust prompt

Status in Canonical System Image:
  New
Status in Ubuntu UX:
  Incomplete
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  The original designs for trust prompts included a close action in the
  header to close apps that were opened in a trust session.  This is
  particularly important when apps might not behave well or hang, there
  is no way out.  The close action is like a back button to take you
  back out of the app.

  We're close to landing trust session support in content-hub, where
  we'll open source apps for content picking in a trust prompt.  We've
  found apps that have a tendency to hang, leaving the user no way out
  besides killing both the source and destination apps.  Clearly those
  apps need some fixing, but we need to give the user an easy way out.