No it doesn't seem to be the same issue. Thanks for looking though -- I
recall we copied the hack into another project but I haven't yet found
where that was.

Although removing the original hack from the Mir examples is trivial, I
suspect that's not actually the problem here because mir-demos should
not crash Unity8 (?). The actual problem I suspect is our KMS/nested
platform code which also hard codes pixel formats and those will often
be wrong (xrgb when it's really argb). That part is probably non-trivial
to fix.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mir in Ubuntu.

  Unity8 using vmwgfx_dri.so crashed in
  mir::graphics::nested::detail::DisplayBuffer::make_current() ->
  eglMakeCurrent() -> ... -> dri2_image_get_buffers()
  [platform_mir.c:138]

Status in Mir:
  Triaged
Status in mesa package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in mir package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  The Ubuntu Error Tracker has been receiving reports about a problem
  regarding unity8.  This problem was most recently seen with version
  8.11+16.04.20160310.4-0ubuntu1, the problem page at
  https://errors.ubuntu.com/problem/7e3f860c1afbbc114bf73f9d7a2966209a25093d
  contains more details.