Indeed, it sounds like that would make this moot. So it's an invisible
issue, but still worth fixing. We still don't want core files
unexpectedly appearing if the other factors happen to go away in future.

** Changed in: canonical-devices-system-image

** Changed in: apport (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  Disabling 'Report to Canonical: App crashes and errors' sets wrong
  core_pattern

Status in Canonical System Image:
  New
Status in apport package in Ubuntu:

  Disabling 'Report to Canonical: App crashes and errors' sets wrong
  core_pattern.

  On a fresh boot with error reporting disabled by default:
  # cat /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern
  /bad_core_pattern

  Enable 'Report to Canonical: App crashes and errors':
  # cat /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern
  |/usr/share/apport/apport %p %s %c %P

  Disable 'Report to Canonical: App crashes and errors':
  # cat /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern
  core

  I think it should be reverting to "/bad_core_pattern" instead of
  "core". Because "core" could fill the filesystem with core files (if
  ulimit allows it).