As I started the browser from konsole, which is using XMir, I'm probably
able to see the browser through X, and the problem to be on the Mir
side.

** Also affects: unity8-desktop-session

** Also affects: mir (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mir in Ubuntu.

  apps are immediately closed after launching them

Status in unity8-desktop-session:
  New
Status in mir package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in unity8-desktop-session package in Ubuntu:

  This seems similar to bug #1535058 but that one seem to be quite old,
  so maybe it's not related. Nevertheless I'm experiencing the same
  issues: each time I try to launch an app from the dash or the launcher
  it crashes..

  I'm on Xenial + Phone Overlay, all packages updated at the moment of
  writing.