The manpage patch is the fix in ubuntu2, but there was also an ubuntu1
with additional changes from the last time the package was merged. See
https://patches.ubuntu.com/l/logrotate/logrotate_3.8.7-2ubuntu2.patch
for complete overview of changes.

Anyways, now that I look at that bug report, it looks like it has been
forwarded but not included in Debian. So likely this will need to be
merged?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to logrotate in Ubuntu.

  Please sync logrotate from Debian testing

Status in logrotate package in Ubuntu:

  logrotate 3.8.7 contains multiple bugs, including:

  1) error creating output file [e.g.] /var/log/syslog.1.gz: File exists
  I encounter this bug on many machines, with many different logfiles, both
system logs and application logs.

  2) segfault with certain configuration/path combos
  The submitter mentions a specific set of conditions, but they are not limited
to these alone, as confirmed in additional reports, and in my own testing.

  Changelog (appears very incomplete):

  logrotate (3.11.0-0.1) unstable; urgency=low

    * Non-maintainer upload
    * New upstream version 3.11.0  Closes: #734688
    * Refresh patch queue, and fix several regressions
    * Update watch file. Closes: #844578, also Homepage information
    * Specify bsd-mailx as default mailx provider. Closes: #849743