Just re-tested this with latest Mir 0.26 and silo 2140
https://bileto.ubuntu.com/#/ticket/2140 with changes from system
settings to add the scaling slider (uses mir api)

All of the app windows correctly scale. But the shell does not scale at
all. Obviously we'd want windows and the shell to scale together.

** Changed in: qtmir (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Gerry Boland (gerboland)

** Changed in: unity8 (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Michał Sawicz (saviq)

** Changed in: ubuntu-system-settings (Ubuntu)

  support display scaling slider in unity8

Status in Canonical System Image:
  In Progress
Status in Mir:
  Fix Committed
Status in Mir 0.26 series:
  Fix Released
Status in mir package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in qtmir package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in ubuntu-system-settings package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  We need to be able to scale the display in unity8, via ubuntu-system-
  settings Display->Scaling slider. This will need backend support in
  Mir and unity8, filing this bug to track.

  Also see related bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1196239/