```
read up idle < /proc/uptime
uptime="uptime/$up/$idle"
USER_AGENT="curl/$curl_ver $lsb $platform $cpu $uptime"
```

Uh, okay, I can understand the curl version, the platform and the
cputype; but the uptime of my nodes is nobody's business but my own.

The platform and CPU type are exposed by normal browser user agent
strings anyway, I'm not really concerned if someone knows I'm amd64 or
arm64; there will be other ways to discover that.... but my uptime?!
really? REALLY?

And I wouldn't have minded as much if there was a comment describing why
uptime was even being included ("This data is used to improve the graphs
publically available at https://errors.ubuntu.com/";) and some kind of
documentation somewhere that this was occurring.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to base-files in Ubuntu.

  add a motd script for news

Status in base-files package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in base-files source package in Xenial:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Add a new update-motd script for printing news and/or important
  notices.

  == SRU ==

  [IMPACT]
  We should add important security messages or other news to the MOTD.

  [TEST CASE]
  Login to the system and ensure that the "news" section of the motd is
displayed.  Note that you might need to force trigger an update by running
'sudo update-motd'.

  [REGRESSION POTENTIAL]
  No reasonable regression potential.  The script simply prints 2 lines of text
to the MOTD.