That sounds promising!

Why isn't offline processing suitable for use on a phone? If it's
working on a desktop, and we have convergence, we should be able to
assume it will work on any (better) smartphone in 2018, shouldn't we?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-keyboard in Ubuntu.

  Add speech input, voice input, dictate function for keyboard

Status in ubuntu-keyboard:
  New
Status in ubuntu-keyboard package in Ubuntu:

  Typing on a mobile device is tedious. In some situations it's
  advantageous to dictate some text, use speech input that is translated
  to text (for texting, for writing documents, tasks, emails, etc.).

  A dictate function should be available in a integrated fashion with
  the keyboard, everywhere on Ubuntu Touch where text input is needed.

  Details
  =======

  This could be implemented as an integral feature (as in iOS, I
  believe) or via a pluggable API (on Android, I believe).