Public bug reported:

I’m testing the browser with redesigned tabs bar on M10, and I can’t
activate any tab. The new tabs bar is 3GU tall, if I increase its height
I’m able to activate the bottom half of the tabs.

Also, if I plug in a bluetooth mouse so that the app gets windowed, I
have no problems activating the tabs.

It looks like a mouse area at the top of a maximized window, too close
to the indicators bar, is not activatable. As if the indicators bar
itself was swallowing touch/click events just below itself.

I’ve been able to confirm with a simple standalone QML scene with a thin
MouseArea at the top of the scene. If I make it thin enough (3GU or
less), it’s impossible to activate by touching it.

This is on M10 running arm64 xenial (revision 147) from the ubuntu-
touch/staging/ubuntu channel.

** Affects: qtmir (Ubuntu)

** Affects: unity8 (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

+
+ This is on M10 running arm64 xenial (revision 147) from the ubuntu-
+ touch/staging/ubuntu channel.

** Also affects: qtmir (Ubuntu)

  MouseArea too close to the top indicators bar cannot be activated by
  touch

Status in qtmir package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu: