But /etc/lsb-release is a static file, which isn't going to be different
depending on which hardware enablement stack you're running.  So I'm
afraid I don't see any practical way to fix this.

I also don't think 'lsb_release' is the expected interface to tell you
the answer to this question fwiw.

** Changed in: base-files (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to base-files in Ubuntu.

  lsb_release -d should show a hint if it uses HWE or not

Status in base-files package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  The output of "lsb_release -d" does not show clearly if it really uses
  the HWE.

  Now it's shown
  and nobody knows if it uses really the XX.04.2 stack.

  I suggest to change the output to something like this: