Except that the dozen of frozen packages that were also experiencing the
same UCFR error were resolved once the ucfr script was tweaked. Just
because one package continued to have a fundamental flaw doesn't mean
the others were. FWIW.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ucf in Ubuntu.

  /usr/bin/ucfr: line ... : [: : integer expression expected

Status in ucf package in Ubuntu:

  I've had a reoccurring issue:
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2350682
  Running: ucf_3.0036_all.deb

http://askubuntu.com/questions/875415/usr-bin-ucfr-errors-integer-expression-expected

http://serverfault.com/questions/827873/grub-pc-update-fail-dev-sda-ext2-doesnt-support-embedding

  I don't know why ucfr is erroring out but the accumulated errors are
  now enough to stall priority packages which I feel hamstrung about.
  I've reinstalled the ucf package and danced around the issue enough.

  Any maintainers have a shot in the dark for why this would be
  happening?

  https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ucf/+question/448737