Public bug reported:

Hello,
On Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, the update manager was just upgraded my kernel from
3.13.0-87 to 4.4.0-62, and now my sound card is unusable. (Driver regression?)

03:04.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CMI8788
[Oxygen HD Audio]

who uses snd_oxygen (module)

Before the update: All speakers works perfectly.

After the update:
Right speaker -> Works
Left speaker -> Doesn't work, and make noise
Center/Rear left and right/Subwoofer -> Doesn't work at all.

Please fix this if you want to make the update usable.

The sound card works perfectly with Linux 3.13 and even with Windows 7.

So now I'll remove this update.

Thank you,
Valentin CRÔNE

** Affects: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Asus Xonar DGX - snd_oxygen - Linux 4.4

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu: