Public bug reported:

Please consider ubuntu-ui-extras for inclusion in main.

ubuntu-terminal-app and webbrowser-app now depend on ubuntu-ui-extras to
provide certain UI components which are shared, they are in main so it
is required for the ubuntu-ui-extras to also be in main.

[Availability]
http://launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-extras - qtdeclarative5-ubuntu-ui-extras0.2 is
already in universe
(http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=qtdeclarative5-ubuntu-ui-extras0.2+&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all)

[Rationale]
ubuntu-ui-extras is a new dependency of a package that we already support.
webbrowser-app and ubuntu-terminal-app want to use a common component which is
in ubuntu-ui-extras.

[Security]
No CVE entries.
No Secunia history.
Written in QML and C++
Does not open any port.

[Quality assurance]
Package provides components for other Qt apps to use.
The components have been used extensively on ubuntu touch platforms.
Does not deal with exotic hardware which we cannot support.

[Dependencies]
qml-module-qtquick2
qml-module-ubuntu-components
qml-module-qtquick-window2

Which are all in main.

[Standards compliance]
Meets the FHS, Debian Policy
Standard packaging

[Maintenance]
ubuntu-ui-extras is already in universe and is maintained by the Ubuntu Phablet
Team

[Background information]
Package has not been renamed recently

** Affects: ubuntu-ui-extras (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-ui-extras in

  [MIR] ubuntu-ui-extras

Status in ubuntu-ui-extras package in Ubuntu: