Public bug reported:

Hello guys,

I have Lenovo Ideapad 500S-13ISK. It is bundled with Qualcomm Atheros QCA-9377
(rev 30) 802.11ac wireless card.
Currently I have running Ubuntu 16.10 with all security updates.

Wireless is dropping constantly. I tried different GNU/Linux distributions but
the result is either same or worse. I assume is something related to
NetworkManager and eventually Systemd.
The thing is that I loose signal at some point but the network manager
indicates that I have connection. After toggling Airplane mode it manages to
continue to work properly but I am loosing the list with wireless connections
which are available to be. For some reason it starts to show that I am
connected through cable, instead of wireless.

The only two ways to resolve constant drops in the signal I found is to
toggle Airplane mode or restart NetworkManager. Both results to wrong
indication and disables me from choosing another network.

➜  ~ lsb_release -rd
Release:        16.10

➜  ~ apt-cache policy network-manager
network-manager:
  Installed: 1.2.4-0ubuntu1
  Candidate: 1.2.4-0ubuntu1
  Version table:
 *** 1.2.4-0ubuntu1 500
        500 http://bg.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu yakkety/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

** Affects: network-manager (Ubuntu)

** Tags: network-manager qca9377

** Attachment added: "lspci-vnvn.log"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1670031/+attachment/4831428/+files/lspci-vnvn.log

** Package changed: linux (Ubuntu) => network-manager (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  Wireless driver (QCA-9377) not working properly

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu: