** Changed in: ttf-ancient-fonts (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-meta in Ubuntu.

  Emojis are not shown in ubuntu applications (and phone)

Status in Ubuntu Font Family:
  New
Status in “ttf-ancient-fonts” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “ubuntu-meta” package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Hi,

  As Ubuntu is being ported to tablets and phones, where communication
  is an important aspect of their fonctionality, I would like to ask
  whether it would be possible to add the glyphs of the emojis and other
  symbols, which have been defined in Unicode 6.0 and 6.1 to the Ubuntu
  font.

  If I am correct, the emoticons/emojis are code in Unicode from U+1F600
  bis U+1F64F.

  However, other symbols like broken heart and others might also be
  interesting, for example: U+1F493 - U+1F493, U+1F4A1 - U+1F4A6, U+2639
  - U+2642,...

  For those interested, these glyphs are currently included in the
  fonts-vlgothic package in the Ubuntu repositories.

  Cheers