** Changed in: freetype (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to freetype in Ubuntu.

  Some characters are invisible (libreoffice/freetype) - depends on
  font-rendering

Status in freetype package in Ubuntu:

  Symptom:
    Certain characters are not reliably displayed in LibreOffice. Which
character is visible depends on font size, font face, and even mouse-over.  It
looks as though about 40% of the letters have been randomly made white-on-white!
  (This is really weird to track down, and extremely annoying!)

  Debugging:
   * I note that this affects LO, but not export to PDF. It also shows up in
Abiword.
   * The font needs to be about 18pt or higher to show this, eg Liberation
Sans, 18pt.  Font-face doesn't seem to matter.
   * Mouse-over the text, or even changing the window size alters which letters
vanish.

  Test case (after hours of experimenting):
   * Font-rendering: smoothing = None   -> triggers this bug.
   * Font-rendering: smoothing = Greyscale -> all is well.

  I attach some screenshots both ways, to make this clear, showing both LO and
the control panel. Toggling from one setting to the other makes the bug
appear/disappear immediately.

  I think the root cause is in libfreetype6, but it might be in Cairo, or
elsewhere.
  I'm using Ubuntu Wily-64 (having upgraded today from Vivid which also had the
same bug)
  I'm running this under Ubuntu-Mate.