Hi,
thank you for your report and your help to make Ubuntu better!

The auto-attached logs are not very detailed.
I translated the error message and that indicates some sort of weird/broken
environment while running the upgrade of the package.

Might I ask if you run the upgrades fromt he CLI like "apt-get upgrade"
or via a GUI tool like "synaptic" or others?

Also did you see the same error on other packages or just NTP?

It smells a but like it wanted to ask you something like "should I
overwrite this conf" but either it got aborted or it ran into issues
spawning the question. If you were running in GUI before It might be
worth to try the CLI and report what happens in that case.

** Changed in: ntp (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ntp in Ubuntu.

  package ntpdate 1:4.2.6.p5+dfsg-3ubuntu2.14.04.10 failed to
  install/upgrade: EOF sur l'entrée standard à l'invite de configuration

Status in ntp package in Ubuntu:

  I don't know what it is but my computer said it to me everytime.

  ProblemType: Package
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
  Package: ntpdate 1:4.2.6.p5+dfsg-3ubuntu2.14.04.10
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-68.111-generic 3.13.11-ckt27
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-68-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.23
  AptOrdering:
   firefox-locale-en: Install
   ntpdate: Configure
   firefox-locale-en: Configure
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Wed Mar 15 21:02:13 2017
  ErrorMessage: EOF sur l'entrée standard à l'invite de configuration
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   dpkg 1.17.5ubuntu5.6
   apt  1.0.1ubuntu2.17
  SourcePackage: ntp
  Title: package ntpdate 1:4.2.6.p5+dfsg-3ubuntu2.14.04.10 failed to
install/upgrade: EOF sur l'entrée standard à l'invite de configuration