I just tested the workaround of setting the apt mirror to be an IP
instead of a hostname and it does finish the base install but our
provisioning process is still broken. We have a late_command that gets a
script to do integrations into our environment (AD domain joining,
configuration management, certificates, etc.). All of that breaks as
well because there's numerous parts that need hostname resolution.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to eglibc in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 14.04 broken during PXE boot

Status in eglibc package in Ubuntu:

  After installing the libc6_2.19-0ubuntu6.10_amd64_udeb package during
  the automated install of ubuntu 14.04.5, the system was suddenly
  unable to resolve hostnames via dns. Installing -0ubuntu6.9 resolved
  the issue. Reinstalling -ubuntu6.10 broke the system again.

  I note that -ubuntu6.10 was recently added to the archive.

  I am currently unable to install Ubuntu 14.04.5.