This actually affects all apps, not only Libertine ones.

We need UAL API to only send SIGTERM to the app (ideally only the main
PID, if possible), in case it wants to pop a "Do you want to save..."
dialog up. When that PID exits, we should also SIGTERM (and ultimately
SIGKILL) all remaining processes in the group.

Separately, we need a "kill" method that would do SIGTERM and ultimately
SIGKILL (or maybe SIGKILL directly, you asked to kill after all) the
whole group.

** Description changed:

- This is the master bug for better session management for Libertine X
- apps.  All other bugs affected by this will be dup'ed to this bug.
+ This is the master bug for better session management for apps.  All
+ other bugs affected by this will be dup'ed to this bug.

- Currently, if a user closes an X app using the 'X' button on the window,
+ Currently, if a user closes an app using the 'X' button on the window,
  many bad things can happen including data loss.

  If a user is editing a document and accidentally hits the X while the
  data is not saved, the user will not be prompted to save and the data
  will be lost.

  Another example is Libertine helper apps can crash when Xmir is killed.

  Need better session management for apps

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Triaged
Status in Libertine:
  Triaged
Status in Libertine devel series:
  Triaged
Status in Libertine trunk series:
  Triaged
Status in libertine package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in ubuntu-app-launch package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu: