Public bug reported:

1.
# lsb_release -rd
Release:        15.04

2.
# apt-cache policy syncevolution
syncevolution:
  Installed: 1.5.1+15.04.20160706-0ubuntu1
  Candidate: 1.5.1+15.04.20160706-0ubuntu1
  Version table:
 *** 1.5.1+15.04.20160706-0ubuntu1 0
       1001
http://ppa.launchpad.net/ci-train-ppa-service/stable-snapshot/ubuntu/
vivid/main armhf Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.5-0ubuntu4 0
        500 http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ vivid/universe armhf Packages

3. What I expected to happen:

When events cannot be synchronized for any reason, the erroneous event
should be described with all its details needed to unambiguously find
it, including at least the date. Moreover the store where the error
happens should be identified unambiguously.

[INFO @aev] @aev/aev: adding "Reunion de service" on "2017-01-26 8:30" to
https://tb.xxx.xxx.lu:2443/users/x...@xxx.xxx.yy/calendar
[INFO @aev] operation temporarily (?) failed, going to retry in 3.9s before
giving up in 298.9s: PUT: bad HTTP status: <status 1.1, code 503, class 5,
Service Unavailable>

4. What happened instead:

A message with just the event's name. This is a meeting that repeats in
irregular intervals about once a month, so just the name doesn't tell me
which instance is giving me trouble.

[INFO @aev] @aev/aev: adding "Reunion de service"
[INFO @aev] operation temporarily (?) failed, going to retry in 3.9s before
giving up in 298.9s: PUT: bad HTTP status: <status 1.1, code 503, class 5,
Service Unavailable>

Moreover, I don't even know from this message whether its having trouble
uploading a message from the phone to the server, or the other way
round.

... and let's hope that this "Reunion de service" is indeed the event that
triggered the Service Unavailable error, rather than another unrelated event
that just happened to be the last event to be successfully updated before the
error...

** Affects: syncevolution (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to syncevolution in Ubuntu.

  When failing to synchronize an event, syncevolution just mentions its
  name, not the date

Status in syncevolution package in Ubuntu: