Media-hub shouldn't be required for stutter-less playback, we can't
preinstall the codec anyway.

We need to find out what triggers (or doesn't, in our case) the codec
check and hook it up to a trusted prompt.

** Package changed: unity8 (Ubuntu) => unity8-desktop-session

** Project changed: unity8-desktop-session => unity8-desktop-session
(Ubuntu)

** Also affects: canonical-devices-system-image

** Also affects: qtmultimedia-opensource-src (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: unity8-desktop

** Changed in: canonical-devices-system-image
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Alex T Newman (alextnewman)

** Also affects: qtubuntu-media (Ubuntu)

  7 digital scope doesn't play audio demos from store

Status in Canonical System Image:
  New
Status in qtmultimedia-opensource-src package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in qtubuntu-media package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in unity8-desktop-session package in Ubuntu:

  STEPS:
  1. (Currently) install unity-scope-mediascanner2
  2. Select the up arrow in the scope window
  3. Star the Music scope
  4. Add some music to the system both ogg and mp3
  5. Play the ogg local music
  6. Play the mp3 local music
  7. Goto the 7d store and select an album and press play to demo one of the
tracks

  EXPECTED:
  I expect all of the audio to just work

  ACTUAL:
  The ogg plays however the mp3's don't, under unity7 this will trigger a
search for codecs but not in unity8.

  WORKAROUND:
  sudo apt install media-hub gstreamer1.0-fluendo-mp3 then run
CORE_UBUNTU_MEDIA_SERVICE_VIDEO_SINK_NAME=mirsink
CORE_UBUNTU_MEDIA_SERVICE_AUDIO_SINK_NAME=pulsesink /usr/bin/media-hub-server &

  You should now be able to play audio without stuttering or playback
  issues both locally and online.