Hi Thomas,

I raised this bug and I am still affected by the bug (e.g. with the Audi
A3).

Due to the switch to the snap based OS I do not expect to see any
progress in the coming months for our phones (being a Aquaris e4.5
user). I think the expectation is that our phones only get security
fixes.

I nevertheless hope heavily that the devs are considering these issues
with bluetooth, which have been encountered in the last years and find a
solution for the future. It seems that this issue (bluetooth with cars,
headsets, speakers, ...) is not as simple as implementing bluez 5.xx and
that's it.

Nevertheless the "alternative OS" developers find their solutions to
this issue so I hope the Ubuntu team can do it alike.

I am not a dev, just a user. So we can raise the awareness that this is
still requested and work on this subject highly appreciated.

Matthias

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to bluez in Ubuntu.

  In CAR bluetooth not working

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Fix Released
Status in bluez package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  I have paired my phone with my car as always (connection did work in
  the past). Connection runs as expected and everything like display,
  phone book, ... but this evening I wanted to place a call from my car
  and it did not work. I was then also not able to take a call (I could
  not hear the conterpart and the counterpart could not hear me).

  Since yesterday I am on:

  current build number: 259
  device name: krillin
  channel: ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en
  last update: 2016-02-16 12:09:18
  version version: 259
  version ubuntu: 20160216
  version device: 20160108-efc96d8
  version custom: 20160111-926-36--vivid

  With OTA9 I did not have the issue. I have attached my logs. I have
  enabled the following bug-settings for bluetooth:

  sudo sed -i 's/exec \/usr\/sbin\/bluetoothd/exec
  \/usr\/sbin\/bluetoothd -d/g' /etc/init/bluetooth.conf

  sudo sed -i 's/--start/--start --log-level=debug/g'
  /usr/share/upstart/sessions/pulseaudio.conf

  I have modified the line in ofono.override to:

  exec ofonod -P -d provision,udev*,dun*,smart*,hfp_bluez5,stktest,sap

  I hope my reporting helps to trace down this issue.

  Uranicus