** Tags added: yakkety

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  network-manager suddenly reports ethernet is unmanaged

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  Using 16.10

  ethernet stopped working, network indicator & nmcli reports that my ethernet
is unmanaged.
  ifconfig reports it has no ip address. I turn on wifi and it works fine.

  Doing ifconfig <en interface> up; dhclient <en interface> works for
  getting ip address

  I did have network-manager snap installed for a brief amount of time,
  but have since removed it.