** Changed in: light-themes (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: regression-release

** Package changed: light-themes (Ubuntu) => ubuntu-themes (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-themes in Ubuntu.

  Appearance regression for "inline-toolbar" styled GtkToolbar with more
  than 2 packed GtkToolButtonItems

Status in ubuntu-themes package in Ubuntu:

  Xenial's Amibience and Radiance themes make GtkToolbar widgets with 3
  or more packed GtkToolButtonItems packed into them look strange if the
  toolbar has the "inline-toolbar" style
  (GTK_STYLE_CLASS_INLINE_TOOLBAR). There are screenshots available at
  this downstream bug: https://github.com/mypaint/mypaint/issues/684

  Clusters of widgets like these are seen in the MyPaint layers panel
  (hi, developer here), and can be observed with gtk3-demo (CSS Theming
  → Style Classes). They're a common way of making small groups of list
  tools available.

  The whole point of inline-toolbar as I understand it is to make
  toolbars of 2 *or more* tool items join up nicely. Xenial has
  rearranged a lot of these toolbars into pairs, and I respect that for
  usability reasons. However this regression seems like a bug to me. Not
  all groups of related actions can be clustered into pairs! I *don't*
  think we're abusing GTK, since this pattern looks just fine in Debian
  GNOME under Adwaita from GTK+ 3.20.4 (gnome-themes-standard 3.20).

  Nobody from the Ambience/Radiane team bothered to respond to
  https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/light-
  themes/+question/294023 so I am assuming it's a bug. See the linked
  question for code to reproduce the issue.