these days python-opencv depends on python-numpy.

** Changed in: opencv (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to opencv in Ubuntu.

  Missing dependency: Numeric

Status in opencv package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: python-opencv

  I was trying to run the example code from here:
  <http://www.jperla.com/blog/2007/09/26/capturing-frames-from-a-webcam-
  on-linux/>

  I installed python-opencv, but the module opencv.adaptors wouldn't
  work, as it tries to import Numeric (which is in python-numeric).

  /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/opencv/adaptors.py line 66

  I don't know what the policy is for package dependencies, but maybe
  python-opencv should have a dependency on python-numeric?

  I'm running Ubuntu 9.10.
  "apt-cache policy python-opencv" says:
  python-opencv:
    Installed: 1.0.0-6.2ubuntu1