Public bug reported:

Every time I plug headphones to my laptop (while using battery) it
immediately powers off. I can only recognize the window saying: "unknown
audio device", and suggesting choice: "headphones", "headset" and
"microphone". However it works fine, when laptop is plugged with AC
adapter. But when I close laptop with both AC adapter and headphones
plugged in, instead of going to sleepmode it powers off.

I have googled the solution to disable Intel Audio power saving mode by
editing /usr/lib/pm-utils/power.d/intel-audio-powersave.

#INTEL_AUDIO_POWERSAVE=${INTEL_AUDIO_POWERSAVE:-true}
INTEL_AUDIO_POWERSAVE=false

But it didn't help. Laptop still powers off.
I have checked syslog for exact time when I plugged headphones, but didn't
found any recordings.

I am using Ubuntu 16.04.
My laptop: Dell Inspiron 5559
My headphones: Sound Intone E6

** Affects: pm-utils (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pm-utils in Ubuntu.

  laptop powers off when headphones are pluged

Status in pm-utils package in Ubuntu: