Hi all,

Soon 4 years and still no fix for this issue !

I would like to know any suggestion to make this fixed :

- any Canonical contact to explain that the linux community is used to
say that Microsoft is very slow to fix bugs...

- any famous community site to inform ubuntu users that such an issue
still affects 3 LTS versions (12.04 / 14.04 / 16.04) and it is just a
shame.

- ?

I regret a lot to write such comments but I noticed that nothing
happens.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to isc-dhcp in Ubuntu.

  isc-dhcp-server fails to renew lease file

Status in isc-dhcp package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in isc-dhcp source package in Trusty:

  After raring upgrade, the dhcp server fails to renew lease file when
  it tries to (about every hour).

  The syslog says:
  dhcpd: Can't create new lease file: Permission denied

  It looks like a permission problem, because

  # chown -R dhcpd:dhcpd /var/lib/dhcp

  the above command temporarily solves the issue, until dhcpd is
  restarted: at that time, the ownership of the directory and the lease
  file is set back to root:root.