This bug report is being closed due to your last comment regarding this
being fixed. For future reference you can manage the status of your own
bugs by clicking on the current status in the yellow line and then
choosing a new status in the revealed drop down box. You can learn more
about bug statuses at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Status. Thank you
again for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu
better. Please submit any future bugs you may find.

There simply isn't enough information here to tell whether there was a
bug here or not, especially because you are running a custom "minimal
setup" with -proposed enabled in a development release. A better bug
report would include the specific steps someone else could take to
reproduce the issue.

** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu)

  On artful, no working dns after upgrading to systemd 233-5ubuntu1

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  After upgrading to the newest systemd 233-5ubuntu1 (in artful proposed) I got
no nameserver (dns).
  This is very likely a DNS issue.
  As a workaround downgrading back to systemd 232-21ubuntu3 the network and DNS
work fine.
  Or instead, I must manually start systemd-resolved:
  ~$ sudo service systemd-resolved restart

  So something odd has happened between these versions.
  Systemd-resolved is not starting automatically at boot anymore.

  My setup is a fully upgraded artful with proposed repo turned on.
  I use only Gnome DE with GDM.
  Everything else works fine, but not systemd 233-5ubuntu1.