** Description changed:

  The network-interface-security upstart job unconditionally loads the
  usr.sbin.dhclient AppArmor profile even if the job is running in a
  LXC/LXD container that cannot load AppArmor policy.

  I don't see any negative side effects from this behavior, so I don't
  think this is a high priority bug. If this were to be fixed, the upstart
  job would need to check to see if it is running inside of a container
  and, if so, if the container is capable of loading its own AppArmor
  security policy. See
  https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apparmor/2.10.95-4ubuntu5 for an
  example of what this would look like.

  This behavior can be seen with a 16.04 host, running lxd from either the
  archive or as a snap, and launching a 14.04 container. aa-status inside
  of the container will show:

  $ lxd.lxc exec t aa-status
  apparmor module is loaded.
  3 profiles are loaded.
  3 profiles are in enforce mode.
-    /sbin/dhclient
-    /usr/lib/NetworkManager/nm-dhcp-client.action
-    /usr/lib/connman/scripts/dhclient-script
+    /sbin/dhclient
+    /usr/lib/NetworkManager/nm-dhcp-client.action
+    /usr/lib/connman/scripts/dhclient-script
  0 profiles are in complain mode.
  1 processes have profiles defined.
  1 processes are in enforce mode.
-    /sbin/dhclient (810)
+    /sbin/dhclient (810)
  0 processes are in complain mode.
  0 processes are unconfined but have a profile defined.
-
- IMPORTANT: It is likely that upstart in 14.04 will receive a future SRU
- which will result in AppArmor policy to be loaded during the boot
- process when inside of a LXD container. That will make this bug more
- difficult to verify. Once that change lands, you'll likely have to
- modify /lib/init/aa-profile-load, inside of the container, to not load
- policy at boot in order to definitively see this bug.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ifupdown in Ubuntu.

  network-interface-security upstart job is not container aware

Status in ifupdown package in Ubuntu: