Thanks for investigating.  At minimum, I think sss_ssh_knownhostsproxy
is going to need to provide a -4 flag for it to be possible to make that
work correctly.  After that, it might be necessary to either mangle the
configured ProxyCommand by hand or to somehow extend the ProxyCommand
mechanism to support passing through information about the state of the
-4 flag.

(In the short term, it might in fact be less effort to fix whatever IPv6
breakage requires using -4 in the first place ...)

** Package changed: openssh (Ubuntu) => sssd (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: sssd (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- -4 flag doesn't work
+ sss_ssh_knownhostsproxy doesn't allow forcing IPv4

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssh in Ubuntu.

  sss_ssh_knownhostsproxy doesn't allow forcing IPv4

Status in sssd package in Ubuntu:

  Whenever I use the -4 flag on ssh, it still uses the ipv6 address from
  dns instead of forcing ipv4 like it says it is supposed to do in the
  man page.