Should we file separate bugs for other applications affected like
epiphany? Pretty sure the underlying cause lies in some common component
but workarounds might be different. Disabling javascript in epiphany
should bring back the old login window but the UI for that was removed
years ago (because it was a "Please break my web" preference in
disguise, how ironic) and even the enable-javascript key in gsettins
seems to be gone.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gnome-online-accounts in

  Cannot add a Google account using Online Accounts in Ubuntu Gnome

Status in gnome-online-accounts:
  Confirmed
Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
  Triaged
Status in gnome-online-accounts package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in gnome-online-accounts source package in Xenial:
  Triaged
Status in gnome-online-accounts source package in Yakkety:
  Triaged
Status in gnome-online-accounts source package in Zesty:

  With Ubuntu Gnome 17.04 (brand new 64bit install on a Dell XPS13
  laptop), I cannot add a Google account using Online-Accounts. If I
  choose to add a new Google account in Online Accounts, a window
  appears where I can enter my Google email. After entering my email and
  pressing the Next button, a window appears where I can enter my Google
  password. After entering the password and pressing the Next button, an
  empty window appears and nothing else happens. I expected this to show
  something useful, and actually add the Google account to my Gnome
  environment.