Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Bluetooth headset can do input but not output

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  In gnome-control-center -> Sound, my bluetooth headset can be
  identified under the Hardware tab.  When the headset is selected for
  Test Speakers (profile Telephony Duplex HSP/HFP), no sound is
  detected.  When headset is selected under Output tab, no application
  can play any sound on it.  By using paplay, error msg returned as
  "Failed to drain stream".

  When the headset is selected under tab Input, it can record sound just
  fine (with Input Level responding).  It can also record clear sound
  with the Sound Recorder application.

  The headset can function on my Android phone so the headset hardware
  is intact, although it's an aged one, which is Nokia HS-11W on
  bluetooth 1.1 supporting HSP 1.1 & HFP 1.0.  The bluetooth adaptor is
  slightly better, which is Belkin F8T012 on bluetooth 2.0.

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.2.0-0ubuntu6
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-12-generic i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: i386