** No longer affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** No longer affects: cairo (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-ati (Ubuntu Dapper)

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-ati (Ubuntu Dapper)

** Project changed: libcairo => ubuntu-translations

** Changed in: ubuntu-translations

** Changed in: ubuntu-translations

** Changed in: ubuntu-translations
 Remote watch: freedesktop.org Bugzilla #5518 => None

** No longer affects: ubuntu-translations

** Project changed: gtk-engines => ubuntu-translations

** Changed in: ubuntu-translations

** Changed in: ubuntu-translations

** Changed in: ubuntu-translations
 Remote watch: GNOME Bug Tracker #325818 => None

** No longer affects: ubuntu-translations

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  [Dapper] Cairo and ATI RENDER extension cause scrambled buttons in
  UbuntuLooks

Status in xserver-xorg-video-ati package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in xserver-xorg-video-ati source package in Dapper:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Video corruption is being observed in the UbuntuLooks theme which uses
  Cairo, on ATI video cards.

  Certain types of buttons render incorrectly with the new ”Human“
  theme. I cannot reproduce this with other themes.

  It seems like only buttons with "text beside icon" are affected. Those
  with text below icon aren't.

  Moving the mouse across the button (thus highlighting it) will remove
  the mess. Forcing a redraw (such as minimizing and restoring the
  window) has a certain chance of recreating the mess.

  The bug does not occur in Xnest or with the vesa driver. It does with
  “radeon” and “ati” (which seem to be the same thing). Even though it
  might be a driver issue, I'm reporting this on ubuntulooks because I
  have not seen any such thing before with my video card.

  [Fixed in current Ubuntu, but backport of the fix is needed for
  Dapper]