Using the image-based system updates results in any additional packages
that have been added needing to be reinstalled (for example screen to
enable more than one terminal sessions to use used at the same time).
This isn't optimial for people who want to use teminal based
applications, I realise that people like this are not the key audience
for Ubuntu Touch but is some consideration of users of this nature
possible?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lxc-android-config in

  invalid cross-device link

Status in “lxc-android-config” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Manually updated my gnexus via APT. Not sure if I broke something or
  if it is a problem with the package but I got the following problem:

  Preparing to unpack .../lxc-android-config_0.135_all.deb ...
  Leaving 'diversion of
/usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.policy to
/usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.policy.orig by
lxc-android-config'
  Unpacking lxc-android-config (0.135) over (0.126) ...
  dpkg: error processing archive
/var/cache/apt/archives/lxc-android-config_0.135_all.deb (--unpack):
   unable to make backup link of `./lib/udev/rules.d/70-android.rules' before
installing new version: Invalid cross-device link
   /var/cache/apt/archives/lxc-android-config_0.135_all.deb

  Now, I can only boot to Ubuntu via recovery mode and not to Android
  anymore (had a dual boot). However, I am not sure if the latter is
  related to this problem.