CurrentDesktop: Unity
Date: Thu May 25 20:58:24 2017
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20170215.2)
SourcePackage: shadow

** Affects: shadow (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug third-party-packages xenial

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to shadow in Ubuntu.

  somenon-ASCII  password not usable again

Status in shadow package in Ubuntu:

  When we use the passwd, if our keyboard layout is not English same as
  Persian, the password is set successfully, but when we try to login
  after first restart the available keyboard layout for login only is
  English layout, And we never can login again for this bug.

  If in login page other layouts available it's ok.
  Or passwd must be don't accept any non-ASCII charterer .

  Thanks

  Package: passwd 1:4.2-3.1ubuntu5
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.8.0-41.44~16.04.1-generic 4.8.17
  Uname: Linux 4.8.0-41-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.5
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity