Confirmed. These have been bugging me for years. I used to think it was
a compositor bug and those windows were meant to have properly rounded
corners. But now I think it's just the toolkit/apps drawing them. Let's
assume the poorly chosen bitmap is part of ubuntu-themes... I'm not
sure.

** Changed in: ubuntu-themes (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: visual-quality

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-themes in Ubuntu.

  Ugly rounded window corners inside the window corners

Status in ubuntu-themes package in Ubuntu:

  In the new theme, there aren't window frames. But there are ugly
  rounded borders on notebook, as shown in screenshots.

  This bug affects Ubuntu 14.04