Public bug reported:

A PDF I got referenced the not embedded font TimesNewRomanPSMT. Document viewer
evince by fontconfig used DejaVu Sans to display it.
But „TimesNewRomanPSMT“ is the postscriptname of Times New Roman, so it looks
like fontconfig is not looking for the postscript names.

** Affects: fontconfig (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to fontconfig in Ubuntu.

  Wrong substitution for TimesNewRomanPSMT in evince / postscriptname
  not used

Status in fontconfig package in Ubuntu: