I did some preemptive testing with ppa:ci-train-ppa-service/ubuntu/2790
(https://bileto.ubuntu.com/#/ticket/2790) which should land in artful:

root@artful:/# dpkg -l snapcraft
||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-=================================
ii  snapcraft      2.30.1+17.10 all          easily craft snaps
root@artful:/# dpkg -l click
||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-=================================
ii  click          0.4.46+17.10 amd64        Click packages
root@artful:/# snapcraft --help
Usage: snapcraft [OPTIONS] COMMAND [ARGS]...

  Snapcraft is a delightful packaging tool.

  -d, --debug
  --help       Show this message and exit.

Commands:
  build            Build artifacts defined for a part.
  clean            Remove content - cleans downloads, builds or...
  cleanbuild       Create a snap using a clean environment...
  close            Close <channel> for <snap-name>.
  create-key       Create a key to sign assertions.
  define           Shows the definition for the cloud part.
  enable-ci        Enable continuous-integration systems to...
  gated            Get the list of snaps and revisions gating a...
  help             Obtain help for a certain plugin or topic.
  init             Initialize a snapcraft project.
  list-keys        List the keys available to sign assertions.
  list-plugins     List the available plugins that handle...
  list-registered  List snap names registered or shared with...
  list-revisions   Get the history on the store for <snap-name>.
  login            Authenticate session against Ubuntu One SSO.
  logout           Clear session credentials.
  prime            Final copy and preparation for the snap.
  pull             Download or retrieve artifacts defined for a...
  push             Push <snap-file> to the store.
  register         Register <snap-name> with the store.
  register-key     Register a key with the store to sign...
  release          Release <snap-name> on <revision> to the...
  search           Searches the remote parts cache for matching...
  sign-build       Sign a built snap file and assert it using...
  snap             Create a snap.
  stage            Stage the part's built artifacts into the...
  status           Get the status on the store for <snap-name>.
  tour             Setup the snapcraft examples used in the...
  update           Updates the parts listing from the cloud.
  validate         Validate a gated snap.
root@artful:/# click --help
Usage: click COMMAND [options]

Commands are as follows ('click COMMAND --help' for more):

  build                 Build a Click package.
  buildsource           Build a Click source package.
  chroot                Use and manage a Click chroot.
  contents              Show the file-list contents of a Click package file.
  framework             List available frameworks.
  hook                  Install or remove a Click system hook.
  info                  Show manifest information for a Click package.
  install               Install a Click package (low-level; consider pkcon
instead).
  list                  List installed Click packages.
  pkgdir                Print the directory where a Click package is unpacked.
  register              Register an installed Click package for a user.
  unregister            Unregister an installed Click package for a user.
  verify                Verify a Click package.

  -h, --help  show this help message and exit

** Description changed:

- click the optparser cannot be installed in parallel with this package.
- Please break the conflict so they can be co-installable.
+ [Impact]
+
+  * python-click and python-click-package conflict as they use the same
+    python package for its implementation.
+
+  * Since python-click-package is an implementation detail for the click
+    package and python3-click is a package meant to be used in other
+    implementations it makes sense to break the conflict by moving the
+    package name for python-click-package to a different name
+
+  * snapcraft has moved from docopt to python3-click, users that have click
+    installed don't have an upgrade path.his bug.
+
+ [Test Case]
+
+  * Where snapcraft 2.30 is present:
+
+    - apt install click
+    - Install snapcraft << 2.30
+    - update to snapcraft >= 2.30
+    - the upgrade should not be held on any package.
+    - click and snapcraft commands should work.
+
+ * Install python3-click and click should be possible. The click command
+   should keep working and python3 -c 'from click import group' shall work.
+
+
+ [Regression Potential]
+
+  * Users depending on click from python-click-package will be importing an
+    unexpected click in any scripts they may have.
+
+ [Other Info]
+
+  * While unfortunate, click as a technology is deprecated and not used
+    anymore. This resolution path was discussed with slangasek and apw prior
+    to any work.

** Branch linked: lp:~sergiusens/click/package-rename

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to click in Ubuntu.

  Break the conflicts with click the optparser

Status in click package in Ubuntu: