On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 04:50:37PM -0000, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> Public bug reported:
>
> Ubuntu 17.10 daily ISO with GNOME
>
> Of course, the current implementation isn't a true webapp but more of a
> bookmark but maybe there's some way we could get the blue dot.
>
> - Have a background service running? The problem is when should the service
> stop running?

Far too heavyweight and I can't imagine how you would manage the
lifecycle.

> - Would StartupWMClass in the .desktop do anything useful?

What do you pick? Firefox? Then it's wrong if they change the browser.
And furthermore it would probably make all Firefox windows be associated
with this icon.

I think this is exceedingly minor, but if you want to work on it, be my
guest.

 status triaged
 importance low

--
Iain Lane                                  [ i...@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ la...@debian.org ]

** Changed in: ubuntu-settings (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ubuntu-settings (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-settings in Ubuntu.

  Amazon app does not show up as currently running

Status in ubuntu-settings package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 17.10 daily ISO with GNOME

  When I click the new artful Amazon app, Firefox starts but there is no
  blue dot associated with the icon in GNOME's Activities Overview to
  show that Amazon is running.