I'll look at this one.

** Tags removed: rls-z-incoming
** Tags added: rls-aa-incoming

** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Dimitri John Ledkov (xnox) => Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre (cyphermox)

  Ubuntu MATE 17.04: No DNS resolution caused by systemd-resolved

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  This is something new in Ubuntu 17.04. Whenever I boot up or upon
  returning from sleep, I don't have DNS resolution available. What I
  have to do is go and shutdown systemd-resolved (sudo service systemd-
  resolved stop) and edit /etc/resolv.conf to point to 192.168.1.1 (my
  router) instead of 127.0.0.53. Then everything works peachy. Otherwise
  any DNS resolution attempt will result in SERVFAIL.

  Since this is a major issue out of the box and I don't see any other
  bug report on this yet, I wanted to report it. This happens both on my
  laptop and my desktop PC, so it's not something strange on a single
  machine, but since no one else is complaining about it yet, it may be
  related to my network configuration. My router forwards DNS requests
  to an ODROID C2 on the same subnet, which then does the DNS resolution
  via dnsmasq. Dnsqmasq is set up to forward the requests to multiple
  DNS servers and respond with whichever one was fastest.

  Package: systemd 232-8
  ApportVersion: 2.20.4-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: MATE