Thanks, closing the bug since it's fixed in the current Ubuntu version.
It looks like a good SRU candidate for xenial though, could somebody
make the bug SRU compliant
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates)? It basically needs a
test case section which can be used for the SRU verifcation and nominate
for xenial when it's done?

** Changed in: modemmanager (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: modemmanager (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to modemmanager in Ubuntu.

  It is sometimes unable to find DELL WWAN module.

Status in OEM Priority Project:
  Incomplete
Status in modemmanager package in Ubuntu:

  I have a DELL WWAN module (DW5580) on my platform. Normally it could
  be detect and used in Ubuntu 16.04 daily image. However it is
  sometimes unusable and can not be detected.

  After debugging, we found there is an upstream patch that can fix the
  issue:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/commit/?id=8a386218690aeff7e2c923a14f91da7bbc046ed2

  Please merge the fix to modem manager to fix the issue.

  Ubuntu Xenial (daily image)
  Release: 16.04
  modemmanager:
    Installed: 1.4.12-1ubuntu1