The only mention is within the "Packetfilter HOWTO" at the chapter "7.3
Filtering specification".
See
http://iptables.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO/packet-filtering-HOWTO-7.html

Quote:

> iptables is extensible, meaning that both the kernel and the iptables
tool can be extended to provide new features.

and

> The TCP extensions are automatically loaded if `-p tcp' is specified.

Those are "standard extensions" that get loaded automatically.
Maybe I am wrong, but those options should be into the man page!

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to iptables in Ubuntu.

  manpage is incomplete

Status in iptables package in Ubuntu:

  At least the "--dport" option is missing from both the man page and
  the --help command option.

  Package: iptables 1.6.0-2ubuntu3
  Uname: Linux 4.11.6-041106-lowlatency x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.6
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: KDE
  Date: Wed Jun 28 11:45:45 2017