It is a duplicate, just maybe with a different effect. Anyway fixed over
a year ago in 16.04, no need to bring that up again.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  pinning negative preferences not preventing installation

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: apt

  I'm not sure if this is a problem with the documentation, or a problem
  with the application, however apt is not behaving as expected when
  pinning negative values.

  According to man 5 apt_preferences, a Pin-Priority "P < 0 prevents the
  version from being installed."

  Now I'll take a package at random and pin it in /etc/apt/preferences:
  Package: python-tcm
  Pin: version 0.5.1-0ubuntu4
  Pin-Priority: -100

  And yet, the package attempts to install:

  root@prizm:/tmp# apt-get -Vs install python-tcm
  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree
  Reading state information... Done
     pessulus (2.16.3-0ubuntu1)
     python-tcm (0.5.1-0ubuntu4)
  0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
  Inst python-tcm (0.5.1-0ubuntu4 Ubuntu:7.10/gutsy)
  Conf python-tcm (0.5.1-0ubuntu4 Ubuntu:7.10/gutsy)

  The same occurs with a generalized version (Pin: version *).