Hi Jason,
your system wants to make you aware that some of your packages fail to
install/upgrade.

In general for the class of errors it reported I recommend following [1]
but adapted for the offending package in your case which is
"libhx509-5-heimdal".

But then since you report "No idea what Im supposed to put here, Ubuntu asked
me to report the error, so I did." you might (no offense please) not be the
most experienced admin. And heimdal is often not needed, you might also
consider checking what you installed that caused to install it in the first
place and just get rid of it. For example I do so much on my systems and I
checked it is not in stalled on any of them.
I see you did the install pulling it in on "Start-Date: 2017-06-19  01:31:40".
I'm not sure what you installed there - wine maybe, but I have that as well and
still no heimdal.

Anyway following [1] should resolve it - the "do you really need2 was
only a suggestion.

[1]: https://askubuntu.com/questions/148715/how-to-fix-package-is-in-a
-very-bad-inconsistent-state-error

** Changed in: heimdal (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to heimdal in Ubuntu.

  package libhx509-5-heimdal:i386 7.1.0+dfsg-9ubuntu1 failed to
  install/upgrade: package is in a very bad inconsistent state; you
  should  reinstall it before attempting configuration

Status in heimdal package in Ubuntu:

  No idea what Im supposed to put here, Ubuntu asked me to report the
  error, so I did.

  ProblemType: Package
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 17.04
  Package: libhx509-5-heimdal:i386 7.1.0+dfsg-9ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_uvm nvidia_drm nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.4-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Thu Jun 29 15:48:29 2017
  ErrorMessage: package is in a very bad inconsistent state; you should
reinstall it before attempting configuration
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety Yak" - Release amd64 (20161012.2)
  PackageArchitecture: i386
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   dpkg 1.18.10ubuntu2
   apt  1.4
  SourcePackage: heimdal
  Title: package libhx509-5-heimdal:i386 7.1.0+dfsg-9ubuntu1 failed to
install/upgrade: package is in a very bad inconsistent state; you should
reinstall it before attempting configuration
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to zesty on 2017-04-14 (76 days ago)