Public bug reported:

I would like to request the removal of source and binaries of the
system-image in artful. The rationale is that the package no longer has
any active maintainer and doesn't have any consumers since vivid. With
the incoming Python 3.6 transition, system-image will just cause
unneeded delays.

There are no reverse dependencies in artful:

sil2100@ideamatsu:~$ reverse-depends system-image-cli
No reverse dependencies found
sil2100@ideamatsu:~$ reverse-depends system-image-dbus
No reverse dependencies found
sil2100@ideamatsu:~$ reverse-depends -b system-image-dev
No reverse dependencies found

Thank you!

** Affects: system-image (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to system-image in Ubuntu.

  Please remove system-image from Ubuntu Artful

Status in system-image package in Ubuntu: