Public bug reported:

Our application using libcurl for http communication was behaving
awkward and after thorough investigation we found that in some cases it
doesn't retry a poll after EINTR. Later we found, that this is a bug in
libcurl and that it was repaired in this upstream patch:

https://github.com/bagder/curl/commit/97d2e4bd75d1be26b48f37900b7b719c418e0ac6

# lsb_release -rd
Release:        14.04
# apt-cache policy curl
curl:
  Installed: 7.35.0-1ubuntu2.1
  Candidate: 7.35.0-1ubuntu2.1

** Affects: curl (Ubuntu)

** Patch added: "fix_timeout_return_value.patch"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1375663/+attachment/4220043/+files/fix_timeout_return_value.patch

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to curl in Ubuntu.

  curl handles EINTR wrong

Status in “curl” package in Ubuntu: