Still does not work on 14.04.
My solution is to disable socket in audio.conf, then I can connect, but not
with the default GUI thing.

Using the bluetooth icon in the titlebar, I connect, and it shows up as
connected.
However, using any other tool (blueman-manager, pactl list, pavucontrol) it is
obvious it fails to connect, a sink is not established, and the module is not
loaded. Sometimes it successfully connects using headset service only, but
fails on the A2DP, and still shows up as successful.

So it seems it tries to connect, but does not perform any check if it
actually succeded or not. This is a  problem in Unity i think.

Using blueman-manager, I can connect, but get this error from bluetoothd:
bluetoothd[14256]: Unable to select SEP
This is mentioned here and is a separate bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bluez/+bug/1199059
The fix for that seems to be to manually load module-bluetooth-discover, and
things work.

Still, it would be nice to get some checks in the default applet if it
actually connects or not.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Failed to change profile to A2DP in 13.04 (Raring), 13.10 (saucy), and
  14.04 (trusty)

Status in Bluez Utilities:
  New
Status in “pulseaudio” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “pulseaudio” package in Debian:

  I upgraded to 13.04 recently and my A2DP profile, which had been
  working great under 12.10 is suddenly gone.  Neither my blueman applet
  nor the built-in bluetooth manager applet can connect my external
  bluetooth speaker to the A2DP profile.  They can connect to the
  bluetooth device itself just fine.

  Steps I'm using:

  * using blueman, I can connect to the external bluetooth speaker and view the
device in the devices listing
  * I can connect the device to the Audio sink and I get a message saying it is
now connected and will "show in the PulseAudio mixer"
  * After connecting the external speaker to the audio sink, I can also see the
device in the "Play sound through" listing in the Sound system control panel,
but the icon has a circle with a line through it.
  * but if I right-click the device and choose "Audio Profile" from the context
menu and try to select "High Fidelity Playback (A2DP)" as the new profile, I
get an error message stating "failed to change profile to a2dp"

  I've already added "Enable=Socket" in /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf,
  without that I can't pair my headset. Now I can pair it, but I can't
  activate the A2DP profile.

  When I try to activate it, I see this message in my syslog :
  pulseaudio[2603]: [pulseaudio] module-bluetooth-device.c: Profile has no
transport

  I tried the kernel 3.9.0 because of a sound problem with my soundcard,
  this kernel fixed my soundcard problem, but A2DP still doesn't work