[Expired for pulseaudio (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for
60 days.]

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Microphone doesn't record any sound in VoIP apps like Skype

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  [Impact]

  I am unable to perform any sort of communication involving VoIP on
  this Lenovo computer.

  [Test case]

  I've tried apps like Skype, Hangouts (web), Telegram Desktop, no sound
  is recorded, the other side cannot hear me or if they can, then silent
  and distorted.

  Recording voice via Audacity works flawless.

  Previous kernel versions were unaffected at some point, then the bug
  appeared I believe in k3.16.*, k3.13.* should not be affected.
  Everything from 3.19.* upwards is.

  [Troubleshooting]

  This has been discussed via Ubuntu Forums in suspicion it might be
  related to recent BIOS upgrades/changes, but was concluded it should
  have no impact http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2285503

  I am attaching a test recording I obtained following the instructions
  from here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AudioCapture

  Package: pulseaudio 1:6.0-0ubuntu6
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.19.0-22.22-generic 3.19.8-ckt1
  Uname: Linux 3.19.0-22-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.17.2-0ubuntu1.1
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/pcmC1D0p:   patrik     4239 F...m pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  patrik     4239 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  patrik     4239 F.... pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME
  Date: Tue Jul 14 10:07:07 2015
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-GNOME 15.04 "Vivid Vervet" - Release amd64
(20150422)
  SourcePackage: pulseaudio
  dmi.bios.date: 04/30/2015
  dmi.bios.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.bios.version: A2CN36WW(V2.04)
  dmi.board.asset.tag: No Asset Tag
  dmi.board.name: Lancer 5B2
  dmi.board.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.board.version: 31900058 STD
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: No Asset Tag
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.chassis.version: Lenovo G50-45
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnLENOVO:bvrA2CN36WW(V2.04):bd04/30/2015:svnLENOVO:pn80E3:pvrLenovoG50-45:rvnLENOVO:rnLancer5B2:rvr31900058STD:cvnLENOVO:ct10:cvrLenovoG50-45:
  dmi.product.name: 80E3
  dmi.product.version: Lenovo G50-45
  dmi.sys.vendor: LENOVO