[Expired for pulseaudio (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for
60 days.]
** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)
Status: Incomplete => Expired
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1313142
Title:
Sound stopped suddenly with pulseaudio
Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:
Expired
Bug description:
With 12.04, sound was working fine for a long time. However when I was
listening to a youtube video, suddenly sound stopped.
So when I tried to start pulseaudio, I get the below error message.
:~$ pulseaudio
E: [pulseaudio] pid.c: Daemon already running.
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: pa_pid_file_create() failed.
So I tried below, and got the given output.
:~$ pulseaudio -vvv
I: [pulseaudio] main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_NICE, (31, 31)) failed: Operation
not permitted
I: [pulseaudio] main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_RTPRIO, (9, 9)) failed: Operation
not permitted
.... etc (log attached).
I looked at multiple help threads and tried solutions like below; with
no luck.
1. removing ~/.pulse, ~/.pulse-cookie
2. check whether sound is in mute with alsamixer
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
Package: pulseaudio 1:1.1-0ubuntu15.4
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-60.91-generic-pae 3.2.55
Uname: Linux 3.2.0-60-generic-pae i686
AlsaVersion: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.24.
ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu17.6
Architecture: i386
ArecordDevices:
**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: STAC92xx Analog [STAC92xx Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
AudioDevicesInUse:
USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/snd/controlC0: km40163 4041 F.... pulseaudio
/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p: km40163 4041 F...m pulseaudio
Card0.Amixer.info:
Card hw:0 'PCH'/'HDA Intel PCH at 0xe2e60000 irq 45'
Mixer name : 'Intel CougarPoint HDMI'
Components : 'HDA:111d76e7,10280494,00100102
HDA:80862805,80860101,00100000'
Controls : 37
Simple ctrls : 13
CurrentDmesg: Error: command ['sh', '-c', 'dmesg | comm -13 --nocheck-order
/var/log/dmesg -'] failed with exit code 1: comm: /var/log/dmesg: Permission
denied
Date: Sat Apr 26 21:48:34 2014
DistributionChannelDescriptor:
# This is a distribution channel descriptor
# For more information see
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/DistributionChannelDescriptor
canonical-oem-dell-maverick-une-20101010-0
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" - Build i386 LIVE Binary
20101010-01:50
MarkForUpload: True
SourcePackage: pulseaudio
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2013-04-07 (384 days ago)
dmi.bios.date: 05/11/2011
dmi.bios.vendor: Dell Inc.
dmi.bios.version: A04
dmi.board.name: 0NVF5K
dmi.board.vendor: Dell Inc.
dmi.board.version: A00
dmi.chassis.type: 9
dmi.chassis.vendor: Dell Inc.
dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnDellInc.:bvrA04:bd05/11/2011:svnDellInc.:pnLatitudeE6520:pvr01:rvnDellInc.:rn0NVF5K:rvrA00:cvnDellInc.:ct9:cvr:
dmi.product.name: Latitude E6520
dmi.product.version: 01
dmi.sys.vendor: Dell Inc.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1313142/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~touch-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~touch-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp